Chemistry: Structure and Properties, eBook, Global Edition
The full text downloaded to your computer
With eBooks you can:
- search for key concepts, words and phrases
- make highlights and notes as you study
- share your notes with friends
eBooks are downloaded to your computer and accessible either offline through the Bookshelf (available as a free download), available online and also via the iPad and Android apps.
Upon purchase, you will receive via email the code and instructions on how to access this product.
The eBooks products do not have an expiry date. You will continue to access your digital ebook products whilst you have your Bookshelf installed.
For two-semester general chemistry courses
Bestselling author Nivaldo Tro has always believed “the behaviour of matter is determined by the properties of molecules and atoms” to be the most important discovery in scientific knowledge. This idea is the entire factor for his seminal new text—Chemistry: Structure and Properties. Dr. Tro emphasises the relationship between structure and properties, establishes a unique approach to teaching chemistry by presenting atomic and bonding theories early in the text, and stresses key themes throughout. The book is organised to present chemistry as a logical, cohesive story from the microscopic to the macroscopic, so students can fully grasp the theories and framework behind the chemical facts. Every topic has been carefully crafted to convey to students that the relationship between structure and properties is the thread that weaves all of chemistry together.
While developed independently of other Tro texts, Chemistry: Structure and Properties incorporates the author’s vivid writing style, chemical rigor, dynamic multi-level images, and tested features. His consistent conceptual focus and step-by-step problem-solving framework encourages students to think through processes rather than simply memorise content.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students.
- Developed with a central theme and by a teaching community: As part of a community that teaches with the understanding that matter is composed of particles and the structure of those particles determines the properties of matter, Dr. Tro took great lengths in the text to ensure that everything from organisation, art, and pedagogy reinforce this theme. The result of this emphasis is that the topic order has been constructed to make key connections earlier, stronger, and more often than the traditional approach.
- Linking conceptual understanding with problem-solving skills: Throughout each chapter, numerous Conceptual Connections encourage comprehension of the most complex concepts while a consistent step-by-step framework in the worked examples allows students to think logically through the problem-solving process.
- Visualising and understanding chemistry: Revolutionary multipart images illustrate and reinforce the theme of the text and allow students to see and experience the molecules responsible for the structures and properties of matter.