Longman Collocations Dictionary and Thesaurus Paper with online
This unique learning tool combines a collocations dictionary with a thesaurus ensuring learners chose the correct word and collocation every time. It also includes the brand-new Academic Collocations List - the most frequent 2500 collocations used in academic English.
Improving collocational knowledge helps learners to increase fluency in both spoken and written discourse.
Package includes access to the full contents of this paper dictionary online plus additional collocations, synonyms and interactive practice.
Cased version also available.
700,000 Collocations help increase spoken and written fluency, ideal for Intermediate - Advanced level students.
- All collocations illustrated with corpus examples
- Notes on formality and grammar ensure that you produce natural and accurate English every time
- Warning notes to highlight wrong collocations that are frequently used by learners of English
- Covers British and American English
- Integrated thesaurus demonstrating how closely related synonyms are differentiated through collocation
- Error notes for commonly misused collocations
- NEW Academic Collocations List – the most frequent collocations used in academic English
- Inclusion of the Academic Collocations List - the most frequent 2500 collocations from academic texts.
Online access via a PIN number in the print dictionary:
- get the full contents of the print dictionary online plus additional collocations and thesaurus entries
- interactive exercises to practise collocations