LEAP 2, new edition Listening & Speaking - Coursebook with My eLab and eText
This product includes the LEAP 2 - Listening and Speaking book and a 12 months access to its My eLab.
LEAP 2 - Listening and Speaking (CEFR Level B1) is a task-based textbook for students preparing for college or university studies in English. Students apply critical-thinking skills as they engage in academic listening and speaking tasks across a range of disciplines. Contemporary listening texts, including audio and video clips, prepare students for the college classroom, with activities that develop vocabulary and listening comprehension. With focuses on listening, speaking, grammar and academic survival skills, LEAP 2 - Listening and Speaking empowers students to thrive in their academic studies.
Features and benefits:
- Interesting and academic listening texts
- Three authentic listening texts per chapter (two audio excerpts and one video excerpt) from a variety of genres including debates, interviews, lectures, podcasts and speeches, mostly Canadian sources, prepare students for the lectures and presentations they will encounter in academic courses.
- Varied and challenging activities
- Focus on Listening sections provide opportunities to learn listening skills and strategies, accompanied by well-structured and challenging activities to help students improve their ability to deal with university-level lectures and presentations.
- Linear and guided speaking tasks
- Warm-Up and Final Assignments integrate a process approach, as well as a genre approach, to guide students in preparing for and participating in various types of presentations. Focus on Speaking activities develop more specific speaking skills, which students reinvest in the assignments.
- Academic vocabulary development
- Key words and vocabulary from the Academic Word List are highlighted in three Vocabulary Build sections in every chapter, giving students ample opportunity to expand their vocabulary.
- Vocabulary review exercises
- Additional focuses: skills practice based on material from the book
- Vocabulary lists by chapter and AWL master list
- Helpful documents, including Giving Presentations, Parts of Speech, Irregular Verbs List
- Audio and video clips for textbook listenings
- Buch 40,90 €