Contemporary Topics Introductory: Academic Listening and Note-Taking Skills (High Beginner)
This 4 level series makes academic lectures accessible to students who are preparing for college or university classes in English. Students develop listening and note-taking skills while listening to academically diverse lectures.
- Buch 35,30 €
What causes a society to collapse? What’s it like to grow up as a third culture kid? How has microcredit changed people’s lives?
You’ll find the answers to these and other questions in Contemporary Topics Introductory, by Jeanette Clement and Cynthia Lennox (Series Editor: Michael Rost), which features college lectures from several academic disciplines, including archaeology, anthropology, and economics. Contemporary Topics Introductory prepares students for the challenge of college lectures with practice in a wide range of listening, speaking and note-taking skills and strategies. The lectures (available on CD and DVD) were filmed in realistic academic setting before line student audiences.
- Realistic college lectures from a range of academic disciplines (also on audio CDs)
- Student discussions of the lectures (also on audio CDs)
- Instructors’ Presentation Points
- Coaching Tips that guide students as they take notes
- Subtitles for lectures and student discussions
- Corpus-based vocabulary drawn from the Academic Word List
- Practical listening and note-taking strategies
- Note-review practice that allows students to analyze their note-taking skills and consolidate their understanding of the lecture
- Academic research and speaking tasks: presentation, discussions, and role plays
- A Teacher’s Pack for busy instructors with:
- Suggested bonus activities
- Teaching notes
- Answer keys
- Simulated TOEFL® Listening Test for each unit
Contemporary Topics 1 (Intermediate)
Contemporary Topics 2 (High Intermediate)
Contemporary Topics 3 (Advanced)