Foundations of Economics, Global Edition
For principles of economics courses.
An engaging, practice-oriented approach to understanding core economic principles
Foundations of Economics introduces economic principles students can use to navigate the financial decisions of their futures. Each chapter concentrates on 3 to 4 ideas, with each idea reinforced several times throughout the text. This patient approach helps guide learners through unfamiliar terrain and focuses them on key concepts and skills, like reading and interpreting graphs.
The 9th Edition motivates with compelling issues and encourages learning with practice questions, to help students grasp and apply economic principles to the real world.
Hallmark features of this title
A focus on core ideas
- Each chapter concentrates on 3 or 4 ideas and later revisits them, to help students navigate the material and focus on key concepts.
- Examples and applications examine the economic factors behind key issues facing the world, such as US protection, how the sharing economy intensifies competition, and minimum wage.
An emphasis on outcome-driven teaching and learning
- The content is presented in diagrams, words and tables to appease students who are apprehensive about working with graphs.
- The text leaves room for flexibility for professors who want to cover the material in a different order.
New and updated features of this title
Discussion of key issues helps students better understand economics
- Employability, including the job skills students can develop by studying economics and jobs available to economics majors (Ch. 1)
- The efficiency of fairness of markets, with a focus on scalping (Ch. 6)
- The gig economy and its effects on the labor market, plus falling wages of lower educated and/or less skilled people (Ch. 19)
- The implications of income distribution (Ch. 20)
- The persistent low inflation puzzle (Ch. 31)
- Tax cuts, infrastructure spending, and increasing deficit (Ch. 32)
- eBook (PDF) 53,49 €
Foundations of Economics introduces you to economic principles you can use to navigate the financial decisions of your future. Each chapter concentrates on a manageable number of ideas, usually 3 to 4, with each reinforced several times throughout the text. This patient approach helps guide you through unfamiliar terrain and focuses you on the most important concepts and key skills, like reading and interpreting graphs.
The 9th Edition motivates with compelling issues and encourages learning with practice questions, to help you grasp and apply economic principles to the real world.
This print textbook is available for students to rent for their classes. The Pearson print rental program provides students with affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.